For 7th grade through college
Salem has a wonderful group of young people growing to be mature, wise Christian men and women devoted to serving their neighbor. They grow in faith, love, and joy at services each week, at Bible study, and their own Christian study.
Meetings and events are announced by email, on the calendar, and through other publications.
- All students receive weekly education in the news and notes. We encourage and ask you to please read the articles and watch the videos.
- A brief discussion, devotion, or class takes place at each event.
- Catechism: 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students (typically) receive instruction at the school, after school, or at their own homes from their parents in Jesus' teaching. Class for students who do not attend Salem's elementary school usually meets at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings.
- Examination: Students who wish to join the congregation and receive the Lord's Supper are asked to demonstrate an awareness of Christian teaching when they participate in examination. There are three examinations each year.
The following events generally take place each year. Check the calendar for specific dates.
- July & August - Summer Tuesdays booth
- August 1 - Taylors Falls/Wild Mountain Outing
- October 1 - Clean up side of Highway 36
- October - Reverse-Trick-Or-Treat
- October 9 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 - Gathering at Salem
- October 16 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 - Fall Fun Fest at Manning Property
- November 6 10:30 a.m. - Examination of the 8th grade catechism students during the service
- November 20 12:00 p.m. - Twin Cities Youth Volleyball Tournament
- December 3 9:00 a.m. - Mall of America Scavenger Hunt
- December 11 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 - Gathering at Salem
- January 8 12:00 p.m. 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 - Gathering at Salem
- January - Afton Alps Outing
- February 12 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 - Gathering at Salem
- March 5 10:30 a.m. - Examination of the 8th grade catechism students during the service
- March 12 - Twin Cities Youth Dodgeball Tournament
- March - Youth Lenten Meal
- April 9 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 - Gathering at Salem
- April 29 5:00 p.m. - Examination of the 8th grade catechism students during the service
- April - True North campus ministry event
- May - Clean up side of Highway 36
- June - Making the Case Conference
- June -once every 3 years in June (WELS): International Youth Rally
- June/July (St Croix Conference): Mission Trips including Tennessee and an unknown location
Plenty of information and resources are available for ongoing study of Christianity, beginning from an early high school level. Here are some recommended ones.
For ongoing study
- Salem Lutheran Church and School Be sure to use your favorite reader to stay up with our RSS feed, which automatically sends you sermons and classes we post on our site. We encourage you to sign up for the monthly digest of the news, our Parish notes.
- God's Word, Our Heritage The resources from our own God's Word, Our Heritage provide plenty of information for a daily devotional life. Combine a simple devotional order with the lectionary and study resources. You'll have everything you need for a study that starts now and lasts until the end.
- Daily devotions based on the lectionaryThese daily devotions take you through the same lectionary we study in church, so you're always on the same page.
- Issues, Etc is a fabulous daily show with great biblical speakers, solid apologetics, and relevant cultural commentary.